Supercuts of ME, NH, and MA recently attended Paul Mitchell System’s annual assembly of hairdressers, distributors, educators, and the Paul Mitchell family, called “The Gathering.” This year was themed “I’MPOSSIBLE,” where the nearly 3500 attendees were encouraged to push through their boundaries in all ways.
- "When we're doing exciting things, people want to help, they want to be part of something special. The word is 'synergism': 1 + 1 doesn't equal 2. Coming together like this makes us something bigger then we all are individually."--John Paul DeJoria, Co-founder and CEO
- "My Dad (Paul Mitchell) had a Volkswagen that was so rusted you could see through the bottom of it. Everytime my parents parked, a tow truck would come take it away because they thought it was abandoned."--Angus Mitchell, Co-owner and Artistic Director of Education talking about the improbable, humble beginnings of John Paul Mitchell Systems.
- "I'll tell you what's possible. I failed the State Boards a number of times and now I'm in the Milady Textbook!"--Robert Cromeans, Global Artistic Director
- "When all else fails, just work really, really hard. Volunteer for everything. Be the most positive person in the room."--Winn Claybaugh, Dean of Paul Mitchell Schools
- "The only place I ever felt at home was a hair salon. It was the most magical place I ever entered."--Stephanie Kocielski, VP of Education
- "I said, 'I want to go to Hollywood' and nobody thought I would but I'm here because I'm possible."-- Diana Schmidtke, Celebrity Men's Grooomer who has worked on the famous heads of countless Hollywood leading men.
Also, here are some of her main highlights from the event:
- The introduction of the amped-up Sports Marketing Program and the athletes.
- Product launch of Curls and the Curl Confessional Booths.
- Customized JPMS gear at The Mall and a demo of Pin Grip.
- John Anthony DeJoria, John Paul's son, spinning as DJ at the Hollywood Party.
- Watching the Artistic Directors transform eight already-blonde models into forever bombshells on stage, in minutes.
- The crowded classrooms, the enthusiastic educators, and the committment of the JPMS crew to keeping everything moving smoothly.
- Baby Sophia.